The past few weeks have been busy with holiday previews and sometimes, I don’t have the time to make dinner in the afternoon. Though I don’t generally make slow cooked recipes in the summer, I thought this one, adapted from a recipe I found online, was worth a try. This didn’t take long to put together, and some of the chopping can be done the night before if you have time constraints in the morning.
- About 3/4 to 1 lb lamb loin chops
- 1/2 a medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 tablespoons of tumeric
- 1/2 to 3/4 tablespoons of cumin
- Black pepper to taste
- After chopping the onions, place them into the slow cooker
- Season the lamb with the spices and place over the onions, with tomatoes on top
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- To make the meal look more bold, feel free to add a dollop of yogurt and some cilantro or parsley!
Serve over rice, quinoa or your grain of choice. The recipe above serves two or three.