The Toronto International Film Festival started last Thursday and various celebrities, including Brad Pitt, Mila Kunis and more have been in and out of the city promoting their films. While they’re here, they might visit the many gift lounges scattered across the downtown core, where they can pick up some cool items, some that are widely available (e.g. UBER or Coldstone Creamery gift cards), others more unique. So what is in MY perfect swag bag? Lots of items (beauty, clothes, snacks and more) from Canadian-founded brands! The bag includes (from top left, going down and around):
- Tuxedo Pants (Rachel Sin FW 2013): I have yet to try these, but they have been on my wish list for fall since seeing them at an industry event at World MasterCard Fashion Week back in March. They look very comfortable (and not to mention, Rachel is one of my favourite Canadian designers).
- Sloane Tea Company tea: Founded by Hoda Paripoush (who holds tea sommelier from both Canada and the US), the teas come in a wide variety of flavours, ranging from creamy to citrusy to spicy and more. The containers are inspired by vintage perfume bottles, giving it a very feminine touch – so different from the standard tin containers one sees at the supermarket! Will also include some sachets (not pictured), since the best teas are loose and one will need something to put the tea in!
- Kay Tran sunglasses: First reviewed last year, these sunglasses are great for those who have lower nose bridges!
- Cheeky Monkey nail polish: With their sexy-sounding and names that could only be labelled as “interesting” (the one pictured is called “No Bra,” while others have names like “50 Shades” and “Trailer Trash”), these 3-Free polishes are gaining steam in the indie beauty world. Bottles and brushes are from Europe and manufacturing is done in the US. The brand itself is Canadian, though.
- Macarons from MoRoCo Chocolat: MoRoCo Chocolat is one of my favourite Yorkville brunch locales – their sipping chocolates are AMAZING. However, brunches and chocolate aren’t the only good thing – their macarons are really tasty as well.
- BITE Beauty lip gloss: I discovered this brand at Sephora last year and fell in love. I was pleasantly surprised that they’re based in Toronto! My favourite product at BITE is not the Lush Fruit Lipgloss pictured above, but the Lush Lip Tint, a moisturizing tinted balm (it actually gives more than just a hint of colour).
- All packed into a 442McAdam Tennis Skirt bag: Don’t you just love the shape? I first came across Sarah Shell’s 442McAdam at Fashion Week in Toronto back in 2009. There are a wide range of looks in the collection, ranging from tiny clutches for formal events to more casual bags like the Tennis Skirt (pictured above) or Hobo. More recently, Sarah launched the Mini Brief bag, a tiny work bag perfect for your tablet!
Thoughts? What would go in your bag?