I just realized that I have NOT posted a recipe on DelectablyChic! in ages. So why not do one now? I’ve been experimenting with food again recently, and decided to make a soup which can double as a sauce when heated. All you need are the following:
This is the size you want the apples, onions and tomatoes at
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 a medium to large onion (any kind)
- 2-3 tomatoes (any kind)
- 1 whole apple
- black pepper, dried basil and dried oregano (you can be as light or liberal as you want)
- Optional: Tomato purée
This is the consistency you want the sauce at
- Chop garlic, onions, apples and tomatoes (the latter three should be in bite sized pieces) and place into a chopper or food processor. If the machine is small, do half at a time.
- Add pepper, basil and oregano and tomato purée (if using)
- Blend/pulse/chop at a higher speed (I used level 12 on my machine) until the items are resemble gazpacho and move everything into a bowl or airtight container, depending on when you plan to use it
The above recipe should make about two to 2 1/2 cups of sauce. You could have it straight up, like a gazpacho or use it on proteins, pasta or for grilled cheese sandwiches – either cooked or cold. I topped mine with cheddar cheese (which is why there is 1/2 cup of shredded cheese in the first image) and used it to make baked tofu. I would highly recommend this for turkey breast or pork chops. The sauce should last a few days chilled.